Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is it safe to use a bulb syringe to clear my 2 1/2 mnth old baby's nose?If it is safe how often can i use?

My Baby's nose is always blocked ...when i turn on the AC. If i turn it off he is completely in sweat. I even tried...putting on socks, cap and mitts...with the AC on ....still he is full of sweat. Please help how can i solve this problem. Am scared if the water from the nose can get into his lungs.Is it safe to use a bulb syringe to clear my 2 1/2 mnth old baby's nose?If it is safe how often can i use?
Get a humidifier and some baby saline drops. Yes, it is safe to use the bulb syringe to unblock his nose. I used it for my son whenever he needed it. The worst that can happen from using it too much is his nose may bleed a little, if that happens just try not to do as often. And I know what you mean about the mucus getting into his lungs. I was so worried about my son, he had very bad upper respiratory infections when he was a little baby. And do not listen to the girl below me, she is speaking non-sense. If you are concerned about your babies health just make and appointment to the baby doc.Is it safe to use a bulb syringe to clear my 2 1/2 mnth old baby's nose?If it is safe how often can i use?
sorry, when I said ';do not listen to the girl below me, she is speaking non-sense'; I was not talking about the girl below me or the other one. The one I was talking about must have erased her answer.

Report Abuse



Water from where? His sweat? It is okay to use a bulb syringe as long as you don't stick it too far up his nose. I've heard of babies getting bloody noses and having problems because it can really cause some damage. If you stick it too far up there, who knows? You might suction out his brain or something. Is he sweaty or clammy? Maybe he has a fever and you should take him to the hospital.
just use it to suck the snot out, if that's the problem. Don't put water in your babys nose. If his nose is dry and that's the problem put a smidge of saline up there. Some babies are just huffy puffy through their noses. If your still not satisfied call your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment